Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cthulhu Idol

I've finished and painted the Cthulhu idol I have been working on.

I didn't take any work in progress shots because frankly I didn't have any confidence in it turning out as well as it did.

The model is made from aluminium foil wrapped in polymer clay. The wings are also foil wrapped with clay and nailed to the main body of the model. The clay was added and baked in stages, 6 in total.The whole thing is then nailed to the wooden base. I used a glossy enamel paint to get the wet look and the green highlights is also enamel paint but a mixture of what I had laying around.

I had more fun taking photos and editing them that the actually modelling.

Next time I do a similar project I'll take work in progress shots.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The rest of my pictures can be found at http://s881.photobucket.com/albums/ac19/abrahamogden/Cthulhu%20Idol/

No comments:

Post a Comment